Examination & Promotion
- Annual / Board Examination– Student has to secure 33% marks out of 80 marks in each subject covering 100% syllabus of the subject. Marks and grades will be awarded for individual subjects. 8-Point grading will be same followed by the board in class X.
- Internal Assessment – Student has to secure 33% marks out of overall 20 marks earmarked in each subject.
- Periodic Test – Apart from Pre-board and Annuals exams of (IX & X), there will be threePeriodic (Written) tests in an academic year. Out of this average of the two will be taken for final marks submission.
For classes I-VIII — there will be periodic test-I followed with Half yearly & PT- II, followed with Annual Examination.
Multiple Assessment– This will cover Quiz, MCQ, notebook completion and unit test.
Subject Enrichment Activity – This will cover speaking and listening skills in Languages, Practical Lab work in Science, Maths Lab work and Map work and project work in Social Science.
Co-scholastic Activities Following activities will be graded on a 5-point grading scale ( A to E ) :
a) Work education
b) Art education
c) Health and physical education
Discipline – Class Teacher will be grading the student on a 3-point scale (A to C).
NO UPSCALING WILL BE DONE IN SCHOLASTIC AREAS ON THE BASIS OF GRADES OBTAINED IN CO-SCHOLASTIC AREAS. IT IS MANDATORY TO PASS SEPARATELY IN BOARD / ANNUAL EXAMINATION AND INTERNAL ASSESSMENT AS PER CBSE GUIDELINES.
- Final result will be a cumulative one (internal assessment + Half Yearly Exam + Annual Exam)
- Pass percentage in subject – 33% in theory as well as in practical.
- Students getting less than 33% marks in one subject will be given one chance for improvement exam.
- Student getting less than 33% marks in more than one subject will not be promoted to next class irrespective of the aggregate.
- Students having less than 75% attendance (Class IX to XI) may be barred from taking Annual Exams.
Students having less than 80% attendance (Class I to VIII) may be barred from taking Annual Exams.